So, we are now looking for lead mentors for our courses which are 4 weeks in duration and are scheduled between September 2016 and March 2017. Lead mentors can volunteer for as little as one course.
Outlined below is a list of courses we are looking to run and we need lead mentors for all of them. If we do not have mentors, we can’t run them.
Still with us… read on!
- Maybe you have always fancied taking on a new challenge?.
- Maybe you are a past Coderdojo pupil and keen to get involved. It can be great work experience.
- Maybe you are a parent keen to get more involved?
- Maybe you are a parent with IT skills and can help us by delivering a completely new course?
- Maybe you aren’t sure yet and would prefer to chat to us first?
For those parents with NO programming experience
You don’t need computer programming experience. We have some courses where the curricula is all ready to go and you only need to be able to deliver the class. A lot of the past mentors started this way. We will have someone as a backup to help you. You won’t be on your own.
For those with a little or even lots of programming experience
Whether leading a course from the list below or whether you would be interested in planning and delivering a completely new course, either way, we would love to hear from you.
Hey, I’m interested, So what next?
Great….If you are interested, please email your name and contact details, including which course(s) you are interested in (pop in the numbers from 1 thru 25) and we will contact you to discuss further. There is no obligation at this point. It’s worth a chat. Our email address is email@example.com
- Junior Coderdojo – Level 1 and Level 2
- Build a Computer Game with Scratch – Level 1 and Level 2
- Build 3D Models with Sketchup – Level 1
- Advance 3D Modelling with Sketchup – Level 2
- MIT App Inventor – building Mobile Apps
- Build a website with HTML
- Introduction to Java Script
- GIS/Digital Mapping
- Processing Part 1 and part II
- White Hat Hacking
- Introduction to SQL & Database
- Analysing Data/Processing things from Data
- Pure Data
- Build a Website with WordPress
- Build a Website – HTML/CSS
- Django Blog
- Build Advance Computer Games with Python Level 1 and Level 2
- Unity (Platform for gaming)
- Hour of Code X 4
- Raspberry PI & Arduino – board set up and programming
- Node.js on IBM Bluemix
- Introduction to Python/Pygame
We will put a call out mid summer for class volunteers to help with classes and to assist our lead mentors. Right now we are just looking for those willing to lead the classes.