1. You need to download and install the Scratch 2.0 editor from https://scratch.mit.edu/download#installation
2. Once installed you need to open it to confirm it is fully installed as Adobe Air is a requirement. However, if AIR is not installed (on Windows anyway) it will automatically try to install.
3. You should ensure that you open the Laptop on Saturday morning and ensure any automatic updates are run before the session or that they are switched off. A lot of PCs do daily checks and updates and if the CoderDojo session is the first time the laptop is turned on it tries to update anything from the Anti-virus to a full windows update over the wifi – this will be problematic.
3. Please ensure that Google Chrome browser is installed and working.
4. Check whether sound is enabled and working on the laptops as we will be using sound within the sessions.
5. All attendees are required to bring their own laptops (no iPads or Tablets). Mac or PC laptops are fine. All laptops should be fully charged and include power cables.
6. Younger attendees may prefer an external mouse so please bring one if you need it.